Purely improvised instrumental music. A mixture of jazz, classical and minimal music with a touch of electronics
Our first album for 2017; Slow. As the title suggests, we take it easy… 18 tracks of strange, slow meandering tracks.
Released end of March 2017
Available on Amazon, CD Baby, Spotity and iTunes!
Unheard Music Concepts is a trio from the Netherlands consisting of Han Post, Marc Verhoeven and Daniel Talma. They played together for many years in several groups (the Urge, Two Gentlemen, Masters & Johnson, Dutch Distress) and decided to go back to what they think is the core of all music: communication.
They meet and play. They don't agree on chords, tempo or anything else.
It is all about listening to and interacting with each other. Everything is recorded on a simple multitrack recorder, afterwards the best pieces are selected and mixed.
Four albums have been released; Harbour, Industry, Home and Slow. You can find all albums on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, etc.
You can also find us on facebook:
“I stumbled across your music when I was looking for very specific sounds that I hadn’t heard anywhere but in my head"
Soprano sax, Alt sax, Tenor sax, Clarinet
Upright bass, Fretless bass, Fretless stick
Editing & mixing
If you would like to use our music in a film, documentary, etc. you can do so, free of charge.
The only thing you need to do is inform us where and when it was used, and you need to mention the artist and track name in the credits.
We made it available under the Creative Commons license BY, but added the non existing NAD because we discovered that what we have in mind doesn't exist as a CC license.
NAD stands for "No Audio Derivates' In other words you can freely use (part of) our tracks in a film or video, but not remix or re-use part of our tracks in other musical work without our permission.
As an extra service we offer to make custom edits or mixes on request. You can choose fragments, loops, solo-ed instruments, remixes, etc.
Please feel free to contact us if you want to know more about using our music in your project or are interested in booking a live performance
info - at - unheardmusicconcepts.com
- Educational videos (STEM, US): some tracks
- Video: The basics of software architecture (DE): "Afraid to Go"
- Short film: A girl goes for Dinner (Jack Perry, UK): some tracks
- Short film: 2400 Miles off Broadway (Taft Rector, US): "There" and "Empty Lines” click here to watch
- At a funeral: some tracks
- Series of documentaries about French theater (Regard Camera, FR): "Soft Despair"
- Residential real estate virtual tours Lakewood (US): "The Trail"
- Indie film, a spoof on the health care system (StudioWild, US): "Soft Despair"
- Detective Tempus - a show about a time travelling detective (UK): several tracks
- Spoken Word/Poetry: He had this to say… (Victor Arumemi, US): several tracks
- Documentary ‘Portrait of a painter’ (Freigeist, AU): "Being There"
- Short film: 'To A Stranger’ (Evan Gilchrest, US): Several tracks